12/1/12

Corning Ware Coffee Pot Recall



Vintage Coffee Pot

I had no idea!  My Mom gave me her 6 cup CorningWare Cornflower Blue stove top model P 116 years ago after my clear Pyrex tea pot blew up on my stove in the 80's.  Thank goodness, no one got hurt!

So to help others -- yes, they all were recalled, especially the ones with the stainless steel metal rim and spout attached with the screws.  Evidently, the glue becomes loose over time and use and the handle/rim breaks and people can get burned.

There are some on eBay but they are not suppose to be sold because of the recalls that started in 1976.
eBay deletes listings.


Am I late to the party or what?  Well, clueless no more!  
Hope this post helps someone else!


Great site with photos of all stove top models

eBay Community Discussion 

Recall Diagram (click to enlarge) page 1

Recall Diagram (click to enlarge) page 2

CorningWare 411 article

Google Image Link

No comments:

Post a Comment