11/2/11

Halloween Northeaster Blizzard

We went to the town Halloween party on the Main Street.
Since our daughter is away, we did not participate in the family costume contest as we usually have done, I am hoping I am retired from that now.
I did do my son's "Loki -- The Magical Detective" costume and he won (by default, only entry in his age group) a gift certificate to the pizza house.

It was extremely cold for October though and just as we were leaving, it started to snow. Later on back at home, about 8 pm, our power went off, as usual, dh was NOT home again for a power outage.
And it stayed off for 4 days!  We also had about 8 inches of snow also.

There was no school on Monday (like there was no school after Hurricane Irene, late August).  It was great that there was school on Tuesday where at least my son would be warm.  We went out in the am and saw the utility trucks nearby.  The utility company said we would be without power for a week!  I cried.
Our neighbors across the ways had power and heat BUT the lady neighbor was really mad because she has Comcast Triple Play and had no TV, computer, or phone.  Gee, I would do anything for heat and light!

We don't have a fireplace here or any sort of stove.
I texted a message to dd's Google address (first time I ever did that) and told her no power for a week.  She later said, yes she did get it. I tried to email my account (for fun, something to do) but it did not work.  My phone died on me later.

On Tuesday afternoon, it was sunny and warmer out.  We had used the car so it was warm in there.  I decided to stay in the car in the sun and eat my lunch.  A while later, dh opened the front door and said the power was back on.

I was thinking, maybe, if we had known, we should have gone to Ireland to visit dd this week.

I really hate the inconvenience these freak New England storms create.
Santa better bring me a generator this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment