7/5/11

Extreme Couponing

MSN has a series on this fad of couponing madness based on the TLC Extreme Couponing Show (review of the original show here)

Some suggest that these extreme couponing people (fanatics) ruin it for others by overusing coupons, clearing the shelves and leaving little for other shoppers (like me), and abuse/cheat the system.  Not all, but quite a few.

The show has gotten corporate America to change many of the couponing policies in many stores as well as store policies changing coupon use and limits.

If I have a coupon for a sale item, great, however, I buy mostly the store brands and they don't have coupons.  Besides, my Sunday paper is a pricey $4.00.  Just to get the paper for free weekly, I would have to have at least $4.00 in coupons and to make a savings, at least $4.-8. more in coupons.
I don't buy the Sunday paper and save myself $208. per year.

I have better things to do with my time.

Ethics of Couponing -- some great tips

The Backlash of Extreme Couponing -- how corporate America is limiting coupon use, and changing store policies

No comments:

Post a Comment