1/26/08

Spell Check

I had a conference at school yesterday for my son with his teachers.

Everything is going great in 4th grade so that is good news but we had a few academic issues to address.

The teacher related this story to me:

They had been preparing as a class for the school spelling bee.
The teacher explained to the class that most children feel a bit tense and nervous, and that half the students got knocked out in the first round.
She asked the class what sort of strategies could they use to feel more relaxed.

My son's hand bolted up in the air first and he said (to the rest of the class) to imagine everyone in the audience naked.

OK ---

He got knocked out the second round on the word samurai.
We were surprised because he loves Avatar and Naruto and that is a common word on those shows.

I think I may have to sign him up for acting classes though.
He seems like he has a natural talent for acting and loves an audience.
For instance -- read the post below this if you have not already.

No comments:

Post a Comment