11/15/07

This was the most darlingest thing I have ever ever seen and what talent that lady has (free cute crochet patterns on the sidebar)!

So cute! Her post inspires me to write about a giraffe I know.

I found a book called "Brave Little Pete of Geranium Street" by Rose Lagercrantz, Samuel Lagercrantz, translated by Jack Prelutsky and illustrated by Eva Eriksson at a yardsale.
What a find! What a treasure!
It is about a four year old red headed boy named Pete who has a toy pet fish and a giraffe he loves. He also wears a band aid on his forehead because he likes too. His conflict in the book is that he is being bullied and how he handles it with the help of Grandma. By the end of the story, Pete is grown and has children of his own who have a beloved pet fish toy and a giraffe toy. The pictures are adorable with detail and the story is in rhyme.

At the time I was expecting #2 child.
Two months before the big event, we were out shopping at TJMaxx and I spied a small giraffe (label: Russ and tag name Jiffy) and laughed.
It was only $5.00 and I still remember so vividly the moment I saw it, it was just so magical.
I was buying this for the baby. (I had suspected it was a boy only because I had so much gas and my feet were sweating heavily all along! Those were my signs.)
My husband and daughter (age 4.5) thought I was crazy but yes, I was and I had an excellent excuse, hormones.
So I bought "Diaper Dolittle", our nickname for the child to be, a toy.

We delivered a red headed son, named him Peter (aka "Pip"), like Pete in the book and his favorite thing to this day, is "JJ", the first thing I ever bought him before he came into this world. "JJ", the first word he said for his giraffe and the first word he kept on repeating because it was the only word he knew. Whenever he said it, he smiled so proudly.

Someday, JJ will be put away, I don't think we can throw him out.
I can only image the wonderful memories my son will have when something forgotten in time and place is found again for a few moments of fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment