12/3/06

Bacardi Rum Cream Cake

Here is another favorite and easy recipe of mine. I am posting it because when I moved, I lost it, and I need to remind myself of it with a blog posting, just in case I move again and lose it again. You all benefit here by my post.

I have made this four layer cake for former roomates and pot luck dinners and it is a huge hit. Very easy to make.

Bacardi Rum Cream Cake

1 - 18 1/2 ounce pkg yellow cake mix
2 eggs
2/3 cup Bacardi light rum (80 proof)
2/3 cup of water

Filling and Topping
1 pint (2 cups) of heavy cream
1/4 cup Barcadi light rum (80 proof)
pinch of salt
1 cup of confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans.

Combine cake mix, eggs, 2/3 cup of rum, and water in a large bowl.
Blend then beat at medium mixer speed 2 to 4 minutes.
Turn into prepared pans and bake according to cake package directions.
Cool layers throughly.
Slice the 2 cakes horizonally in half so you have 4 layers.
To make slicing easier, you can freeze the cake to firm it up a bit before slicing. You don't get as many crumbs this way.

Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, beat until cream mixture is stiff.
Spread cream mixture between layers and over the top of the cake.
Chill the entire cake till serving time.

Options -- decorate with fresh strawberries, or banana slices or sprinkle ground nuts or "hokey pokies" (jimmies, sprinkles) on the top. You can even use a potato slicer and make chocolate curls for the top also.

No comments:

Post a Comment