9/5/06

Some Folks

Shortly after reading LadyG's post on "What Makes a Person Attractive", I came across this poem and thought it would be a nice compliment to LadyG's blog entry. Enjoy!

Some folks in looks take so much pride
They don't think much of what's inside.
Well, as for me, I know my face
Can ne'er be made a thing of grace,
And so I rather think I'll see
How I can fix th' inside of me
So folks'll say, "He looks like sin,
but ain't he beautiful within!"

Written by John Kendrick Banks, 1862-1922.
He was the humor editor of "Harper's Magazine", "Harper's Bazaar", and "Harper's Young People".
He also was editor of a political humor magazine called "Puck" which was very popular in it's day satirizing politicians and society issues of the times.


More on Puck Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment