7/1/06

Traffic Jam

I was travelling on a minor but heavily travelled roadway off a major highway.

The light was green but as soon as I crossed the roadway, the traffic stopped. I was in the middle of the road. No where to go.

The out of state car in front of me was going to turn around in the middle of the intersection but decided at the last minute NOT too. There would have been a major accident.

Then the other lights changed and people could not get out because the car in front of me and myself, and the two cars behind me were blocking the road because all the hundreds of other cars before me were stalled and not moving although we had a green light. Some sort of problem way up ahead for this to happen.

Horns were tooting. For heaven's sake, I can't go anywhere or even move out of the way and YES, I know I am in your path but NOT MY FAULT.I have no control over the problem ahead here and the non-moving traffic and I cannot solve it either until everyone ahead of me moves on and the road is normal again.

Geesh, some people are so self centered and self absorbed.

This is about as good as the day I was driving and the traffic was halted. There was a big tractor trailer in front of me, he crepted forward a few feet but I just stayed put because I just wanted that space between me and him, about five feet. I have no line of vision because he is a HUGE truck and blocks out the situation.The lady in the fancy beamer (collecting construction road dust) behind me lays on the horn for me to move forward a few feet myself. Like we all were really going somewhere. Eventually after a very long wait, we were moving and fortunate for her, my five feet let her accelerate to normal speed sooner so she could be "on time" to where-ever.

I hate summer around here. Too many tourists and too much traffic compared to the rest of the year. Tourists think because they are on vacation, we natives need to adapt to their vacation rules and regs and they are exceptions to all local ordinances.

No comments:

Post a Comment